Is Your Child Struggling?
One of the biggest mistakes parents make is to assume their child’s vision is fine
because they pass a basic vision test at school or the pediatrician’s office.
I passed those tests and did not have a real eye exam until 7th grade.
That’s when I started wearing glasses. Yet even then my serious eye coordination problem was missed.
I was 55 years old when a tutor referred me to a developmental optometrist who found my disorder and I began vision therapy.
Some signs that your child could have this disorder are:
- Frequent loss of place when reading
- Confusing similar looking words
- Poor reading comprehension
- Sloppy handwriting
- Failing to recognize the same word in the next sentence
- Complaining of eyes hurting or headaches after reading
- Avoiding close work such as reading
- Showing problems with attention
For more information and to find help go to:
This is the website for College of Optometrists in Vision Development.
There you can type in your zip code and find professionals in your area that can help you.
Perhaps you can avoid the years of struggling that I went through.